A Rehabilitation Center is usually attached to or integrated into a Center for Care of Continuation and Rehabilitation (CSSR). Its mission is to provide care and treatments that will help a patient following trauma or surgery to find the most complete use possible of its functional or neurological capacities.
When do you need rehabilitation?
Many disabilities and diseases may warrant treatment in physical medicine and rehabilitation, in particular:
- A stroke;
- A head trauma;
- Neuromuscular diseases;
- Neurodegenerative pathologies (multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson ...);
- Hemiplegic or paraplegia;
- Chronic low back pain and other chronic pain;
- Cerebral palsy
- Respiratory or cardiac pathology (improvement of physical abilities in people with heart failure for example);
- A need for prostheses or appliances;
- A follow-up of the athlete (after injury, in particular).
"Rehabilitation" or rehabilitation can involve many spheres:
- Behavioral Disorders
- Language and swallowing disorders;
- Disorders of movement and walking;
- Muscle disorders (spasticity);
- Orthopedic disorders (motor delay, growth anomaly ...).
The list of things that you need to have with you when entering alcohol rehab center Ottawa
1. Shoe and clothing items
- Sneakers or sports shoes - 2 pairs
- Closed work boots - 4 pairs (2 summer and 2 winter)
- Rubber boots with insoles - 1 pair
- Boots or shoes weekend - 2 pairs (summer and winter)
- Home slippers - 1 pair
- Bath slippers - 1 pair
- Weekend jackets - 2 pcs. (One demi-season and one winter)
- Work jackets - 2 pcs. (One demi-season, such as a raincoat or windbreaker, and one winter, insulated)
- Working trousers - 2 pairs
- Pants weekend - 2 pairs
- Sports trousers (home) - 2 pairs
- Shorts or breeches - 1 pair
- Swimming trunks - 1 pair
- Work sweater - 1 pc.
- Weekend sweater - 1 pc.
- Shirts, T-shirts - 5-6 pcs.
- T-shirts workers - 2-3 pcs.
- Underwear (underpants, T-shirts) - 5-7 sets
- Socks - at least 10 pairs of light and 2 pairs of warm
- Handkerchiefs - 10 pcs.
- Hats are summer, demi-season - 1-2 pcs.
- Winter hat - 1 pc.
- Gloves (mittens) warm weekend - 1 pair
- Work gloves - 10 pairs (including one or two pairs of warm ones)
- Warm scarf - 1 pc.
- Compulsory Health Insurance Policy
- Driving License (if applicable)
3. Personal hygiene items (based on the full rehabilitation period in the center)
- Toothpaste - at least 10 tubes
- Toothbrushes - at least 5 pcs.
- Toilet soap - at least 10 pieces
- Shampoo - at least 500 mg
- Creams - NOT LOTIONS - for hands, after shaving, etc.
- Antiperspirant Deodorants (DRY ONLY)
- Washcloths new 2 pieces.
- Electric shaver - 1 pc.
- Shaving foam or gel - at least 2 bottles
- Items for nail care: scissors and / or nail clippers, nail files, etc.
- Laundry detergent for machine wash - at least 5 kg